Get ready for a merry good time on the “ice!” OVG360, the provider of Venue Management to the Owensboro Convention Center, is excited to announce the return of Energy On Ice – sponsored by Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Atmos Energy, Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, and the Staton Family Foundation. Just in time for the holidays, the 80×60 synthetic ice rink will be set up behind the venue outside on the Kentucky Legend Pier.
Guests can come enjoy skating downtown on:
- Friday, November 25 – Sunday, November 27
- Friday, December 2 – Sunday, December 4
- Friday, December 9 – Sunday, December 11
- Friday, December 16 – Friday, December 23
- Friday, December 30 – Sunday, January 1, 2023
Skating hours are:
- Fridays – 5PM to 9PM
- Saturdays – 2PM to 9PM
- Sundays – 2PM to 7PM
- Monday – Thursday – 2PM to 7PM (December 19-22 Only)
Special theme skates this year will include:
- Saturday, November 26 – Get your glow on at the Glow Party Skate! Wear your best glow party attire! White, neon, and fluorescent clothing all glows great! Free glow swag for attendees to make the night lit!
- Saturday, December 3 is Fairytale and Superhero Night! Bring the little ones and skate with the Ice Queen and Spider Dude from 3PM-6PM. Don’t forget to grab some Elsa’s Hot Chocolate too!
- On Saturday, December 10, guess who’s coming to town?!? Come Skate with Santa from 4PM-7PM! Have your camera phone ready to capture those holly jolly memories!
- Saturday, December 17 is Energy On Ice’s Game of Games! Come play musical chairs, stop music game, and more – all with a chance to take home some (dare we say) cool prizes!
- Ring in the New Year on the ice! Skating on Saturday, December 31 will be all about welcoming in 2023!
Admission is $10 including skate rental or $8 is own skates are provided. Wear a hockey jersey or an ugly Christmas sweater to any session and receive $1 off admission. On Fridays, a Couples Special will be available where guests can purchase 2 tickets for $18, and on Sundays, a Family Special with 4 tickets for $36. All tickets will be sold at the rink. For more information, please visit OwensboroCenter.com.