The Owensboro Convention Center opened its doors on January 31, 2014. Now with just under a month remaining in the year, OVG360, the provider of Venue Management to the venue, is excited to share that an impactful and successful 2023 is paving the way to celebrate the 10th year of operation in 2024!
“The team at the Owensboro Convention Center has accomplished a tremendous feat in cementing Owensboro as a convention and meeting destination in Kentucky,” stated Tim Ross, Director of Events for the City of Owensboro. “In the first 10 years of operation, they have exceeded forecast projections for the facility with gross sales of $25+ million. The efforts of everyone in the first 10 years to build our brand and reputation as a best-in-class facility has been a fantastic team accomplishment and the future looks just as bright.”
“As we began this fiscal year, we had an increase of $500,000 in contracted events compared to last year, including 18 conventions,” stated Josh Gann, Director of Sales.
New conventions that have taken place/are scheduled for fiscal year 2023-2024 include:
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Young Farmers Summer Outing
- Kentucky Optometric Association
- Kentucky Jailers Association Annual Convention
- Owensboro Comic & Toy Convention
- Kentucky Association of Mapping Professionals
- Kentucky Department of Revenue – Property Value Office
“The most successful year for conventions previously was in 2016,” Gann added. “We have not only surpassed that milestone but also exceeded last year’s budget for the market segment by over $270,000, setting another record for the venue. This achievement underscores our sales team’s dedication to consistently securing both repeat and new business.”
Sports and other special events also saw great success in 2023 – some highlights included:
- ACO Tournament welcomed over 600 players from across 15 states
- S3DA Indoor National Championships
- River Valley Cluster Dog Show saw over 3,700 dogs in competition
- dB Drag Racing World Finals
- Jurassic Quest roared through the venue for the first time
“With the on-going support of the City of Owensboro, the Owensboro Daviess County Convention and Visitors Bureau, and our other community partners, we will continue to strive to bring quality events to Owensboro,” said General Manager, Jeff Esposito.
The OVG360 team in Owensboro has also been recognized with numerous industry awards in implementing over 220 events throughout the year.
- Center of Excellence Winner by Exhibitor Magazine
- Stella Award Silver Medal for Best Convention Center – Midwest by Northstar Meetings Group
- 10-time recipient of the Prime Site Award by Facilities & Destinations
- Reader’s Choice Award 8-time recipient from ConventionSouth
- Best Event Venue – Platinum Winner by Owensboro Living
“Receiving the most industry awards in a single year is truly a testament to our commitment to excellence,” Esposito added. “Our team has worked tirelessly to ensure that every aspect of our services meets and exceeds industry standards. From event planning and execution to attendee engagement, we have focused on delivering a seamless and memorable experience. These awards validate our efforts and motivate us to persistently raise the bar.”